CalGIS 2020 Workshop and Presentation Proposals Invited
Des Plaines, IL (August 14, 2019) The California URISA Chapters and the California Geographic Information Association (CGIA) are pleased to invite workshop and presentation proposals for CalGIS 2020 February 9-11, 2020 at the Hilton Long Beach. The CalGIS 2020 educational program is developed through a peer review of submissions received.
Workshop Proposals: Full-day and half-day workshops are invited at all levels of expertise, from beginner to expert. Learning objectives and takeaways are important components of proposals, along with a course outline, any pre-requisites or knowledge required, and instructor biographies. Some suggested workshop topics include:
- Data Quality Management/Metadata/Best Practices
- Leadership and Management
- Professional Development & Certification
- Open Source or Commercial Geospatial Applications
- Ensuring Map and App Accessibility for Persons with Disabilities
- Use of UAVs/Drones
- URISA Certified Workshops
- Other topics of interest to the community
Workshop proposals are due on or before September 23, 2019.
Presentation Proposals: The agenda is developed by reviewing submissions received through the Call for Presentations. The 2020 Planning Committee welcomes the submission of individual papers, complete sessions, mini-workshops, and panel discussions. We welcome topics of interest at all levels, from beginner to expert. All proposals received will be reviewed and considered for the program.